The Administrative Assistant position under the Food Safety & Quality Assurance Dept. plays a vital role supporting the Food Safety & Quality Assurance group predominately in the area of food safety compliance data analysis. Position offers both daily/routine tasks and opportunities to take part in special projects and team developments.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Respond to account, customer, and consumer requests via telephone and email in a timely manner
- Document all inquiries, requests, resolutions, and follow-up tasks
- Escalate inquiries and requests as necessary to the appropriate department, person, or external agency
- Display a courteous and empathetic attitude to all customers
- Compile, file, and record: customer and consumer claim reports, receiving logs data
- Develop and trend claims data and provide monthly and/or quarterly reports
- Receive, reconcile, and process customer and consumer claims
- Review claim investigations for completeness
- Record minutes during group and/or department meetings
- Provide support to other members of management and department as requested
- Perform other departmental tasks/projects as assigned
Qualifications & Skills:
- Associate’s degree preferred
- At least one (1) year of customer service experience
- 2+ years of experience in an administrative role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Typing minimum of 45 WPM
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Professional, articulate, and team oriented
- Highly meticulous
- Punctual and reliable
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Schedule: M-F 8:00am-5:00pm (On-Site)