This position aims to support the Permits & Licensing Manager, performing various administrative duties, including typing letters, preparing reports, ensuring the quality of all documents, and maintaining files. Particular focus is likened to Accounts Payable, specifically ensuring that the company pays its invoices within a given timeframe.
- Handling office tasks, such as generating reports and presentations.
- Organize and maintain files and databases confidentially.
- General clerical duties including photocopying, fax, scanning, data entry, and mailing
- Generating Letters and documents
- Interacting with governmental regulatory authorities in a professional manner
- Completes payments and controls charges by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Charges or credits expenses to correct accounts by analyzing invoices/reports.
- Ensuring invoices are paid in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to departmental procedures
- Detailed and organized recordkeeping
- Provides administrative support to other team members to ensure efficient operation of the office.
- Other non-essential job duties as assigned
- Support Permits and Licensing Manager/Supervisors with new projects and follow up on departmental activities.
- Follow up with company policies & procedures.
- Build and maintains good customer relationships within company teams and franchisees.
- Cultivate a collaborative work environment with other departments and disciplines.
- All other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Understanding of department objectives.
- Possess a depth of knowledge and proven experience in creating, implementing, and supporting company processes and procedures.
- Time management, organizational skills, and managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment are essential.
- Must have self-confidence, deal with complex situations, solve problems, and make decisions.
- Able to convey complex ideas and instructions in simple, understandable language.
- Must be able to provide feedback to staff, coach, and motivate others.
- Comfortable with math and calculations.
- High School diploma or equivalent. BA/BS degree in business administration preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office products, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Experience working in a franchised system or knowledge in retail food service is a plus.
- Active listener.
- Ability to work independently and with others.
- Presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- On time payment of permit renewals.
- Quality of recordkeeping.
- Successful resolution in billing disputes.
- Sitting, hand use, keyboard, mouse. Continuously.
- Neck flexion. Frequently.
- Walking, standing. Occasionally.
- Climbing and lifting to 10-25 lbs. Seldom.