The Brand Development Manager is responsible for developing brand’s and highly effective marketing plans through a deep understanding of the consumer and the brand’s target market, which in turn, achieves profit and maximize the brand’s long-term potential. The position will directly report to the General Manager of Sales & Marketing.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- In charge of creating new Brands, Branded items, selling initiatives, marketing the company image, and positioning throughout the industry.
- Creates brand strategies such as positioning, scheduling, and directing on the selling platform.
- Develops and executes marketing programs that increase our brand identity and brand awareness.
- Provides forecasts for branded products, create, contribute, and present sales presentations, and collaborate with the Sales & Marketing teams to ensure product requirements are met.
- Gathers and analyzes information to identify new markets and customers, demand for products and services, and efficacy of existing marketing campaigns and strategies.
- Implements the organization’s advertising and promotional activities.
- Conducts market research, sales forecasting, pricing research, and strategic planning to assess and ensure the sale and profitability of products.
- Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in the market; identifies needs for new products and services and makes recommendations to leadership.
- Analyzes and evaluates financial aspects of product development.
- Prepares effective advertising campaigns based on market research.
- Reports campaign results to management, addressing any questions or concerns.
- Collaborates in the development of new products.
- Composes, develops, evaluates, and conducts training on marketing activities, strategies, and policies.
- Collaborates, participates in, and coordinates promotional activities or trade shows.
- Identifies and recommends improvements and modifications to existing programs and additional or new marketing strategies and opportunities.
- Develops innovative strategies to attract customers to the company’s brand through various web-based marketing programs and search engine optimization (SEO) techniques.
- Collaborates with Social Media staff to Identifies appropriate social media platforms and other web-based tools to use in the promotion of each product or service.
- Oversees the implementation of online marketing plans; compiles and analyzes data to measure the effectiveness of such plans.
- Maintains current knowledge of online marketing opportunities and trends, web analytics, and SEO techniques.
- Negotiates contracts for services needed to execute a marketing strategy.
- Collaborates with and coordinates communication among information technology, sales, research, and other departments to complete projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or related field required.
- At least five years of experience in Brand Development and Marketing in the Food and Beverage Industry is also required.
- Proven ability to create and develop brands, create marketing strategies, and communicate recommendations to executives.
- Marketing/Design Agency Experience Preferred.
- Ability to collaborate and provide direction to an outside design company to develop designs for the brand by effectively communicating the brand concept.
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising effective campaigns.
- Experience in sales and advertising preferred.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of principles and methods used to promote, display, and sell products and services.
- Thorough understanding of internet marketing and general marketing strategies and practices.
- Ability to conduct and correctly interpret research and web analytics.
- Ability to create, implement, and monitor budgets.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of time.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Employee Offered Benefits
AFCFC’s benefits package includes group medical, dental, and vision health benefits; basic life and AD&D, flexible PTO, paid holiday, and 401k retirement plan with company match provision