The Delivery Driver/Helper (Category 2) for the Central Kitchen will report to the Production Manager of the Central Kitchen. This position will be responsible for delivery of goods from our Central Kitchen location. In addition, this position will assist with ingredient preparation, production, and packaging after delivery is made to all stores.
Primary Job Functions (70%)
- Minimum 5 days of deliveries of product to our delivery locations from our Central Kitchen
- Learn the store names and recognize store managers, receivers, and employees.
- Record completed delivery orders accurately and immediately. Help with DPR recording and waste.
- Receiving; food materials and supplies (frozen/chilled/dry), able to identify the quality and quantity of product.
- Work with the team to ensure proper set-up and stocking of stations with all necessary supplies.
- Work with the team to portion prep work for other shifts.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with the team.
Secondary Job Functions (25%)
- Preparation of wasabi, ginger, vegetables, and imitation crab meat.
- Preparing various types of products according to AFC’s guidelines and recipes on quality, portion size, presentation, labeling and food safety.
- Production of up to 30 sushi packages per hour.
- Ensure that all AFC’s recipes are maintained at the highest level of quality and consistency.
- Ensure that all products are prepared in high quality and timely fashion.
Other Job Functions (5%)
- Additional tasks, meetings, or events as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- Entry level to 3 years Sushi Chef experience of safe handling of food preparation.
- Maintain a good driving record for 5 years.
- Served Safe certified required.
- Great communicator in a multicultural environment, reliable, and a quick learner.
- Basic record keeping; inventory control
- Basic cutting skills, basic sushi ingredient preparation, and roll preparation
- Available for overnight shifts.
- Fluency in English.
- Basic culinary background.
- Able to organize and prioritize tasks and complete under time constraints.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiar with deliver routes assigned.
- Food Handlers Card
- Able to lift and carry up to 50lbs
- Able to stand for long period of time