The Delivery Driver/Helper (Category 1) for the Central Kitchen will report to the Production Manager of the Central Kitchen. This position will be responsible for delivery of goods from our Central Kitchen location. In addition, this position will assist with basic ingredient preparation after delivery is made to all stores.
Primary Job Functions (70%)
- Minimum 5 days of deliveries of product to our delivery locations from our Central Kitchen
- Learn the store names and recognize store managers, receivers, and employees.
- Record completed delivery orders accurately and immediately. Help with record keeping and waste.
- Clean and maintain all equipment and work areas associated with the job function.
- Report all equipment problems and maintenance issues to the Production Manager/Supervisor.
- Work with the team to ensure proper set-up and stocking of stations with all necessary supplies.
- Work with the team to portion prep work for other shifts.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with the team.
Secondary Job Functions (25%)
- Preparation of wasabi, ginger, vegetables, and imitation crab meat.
- Preparing various types of products according to AFC’s guidelines and recipes on quality, portion size, presentation, labeling and food safety.
- Ensure that all AFC’s recipes are maintained at the highest level of quality and consistency.
- Ensure that all products are prepared in high quality and timely fashion.
- Follow company guidelines and recipes at all times
Other Job Functions (5%)
- Additional tasks, meetings, or events as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- Entry level to basic knowledge of food delivery and food preparation.
- Maintain a good driving record for 5 years.
- Served Safe certified required.
- Great communicator in a multicultural environment, reliable, and a quick learner.
- Available for different shifts.
- Fluency in English.
- Basic culinary background.
- Able to organize and prioritize tasks and complete under time constraints.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiar with deliver routes assigned.
- Food Handlers Card
- Able to lift and carry up to 50lbs
- Able to stand for long period of time