The Delivery Driver/Helper (Category 2) for the Central Kitchen will report to the Operations Manager of the Central Kitchen. This position will be responsible for delivery of goods from our Central Kitchen location. In addition, this position will assist with ingredient preparation, production, and packaging after delivery is made to all stores.
Primary Job Functions (85%)
- Minimum 5 days of deliveries of products to our delivery locations from our Central Kitchen.
- Familiarize yourself with store names, recognize and communicate clearly with store managers, receivers, and other client’s staff members.
- Perform checks to ensure finished products meet the temperature, labeling, and quality standard requirements.
- Load packages in delivery bags and ensure cooling procedures are completed prior to and at delivery.
- Record completed delivery orders and shrink quantities accurately.
- Receiving of food and supplies while ensuring delivery parameters are met – fill receiving logs accordingly.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure ingredients and supplies are stocked and set up for production.
- Maintain a supportive and professional work environment with the team.
Secondary Job Functions (15%)
- Preparation of wasabi, ginger, vegetables, and imitation crab meat.
- Preparing various types of products according to AFC’s guidelines and recipes on quality, portion size, presentation, labeling and food safety.
- Making of sushi products as per AFC’s recipes and food safety standards.
- Ensure that all AFC’s recipes are maintained at the highest level of quality and consistency.
- Ensure that all products are prepared in high quality and timely fashion.
Other Job Functions (5%)
- Additional tasks, meetings, or events as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- At least 1 year of delivery driving experience
- At least 1 year of safe handling of food experience, sushi or Asian cuisine preferred
- Entry level to basic knowledge of food delivery and food preparation.
- Maintain a good driving record for 5 years.
- Professional demeanor.
- Served Safe certified required.
- Great communicator in a multicultural environment, reliable, and in a client-facing setting.
- Available for early morning shifts.
- Fluency in English.
- Basic recordkeeping.
- Basic culinary background.
- Able to organize and prioritize tasks and complete under time constraints.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiar with deliver routes assigned, downtown Chicago buildings and routes.
- Food Handlers Card required.
- Non essential: inventory control, basic cutting skills, basic sushi ingredient preparation, and roll preparation.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50lbs
- Able to stand for long period of time
Employee Offered Benefits
AFCFC’s benefit package includes group medical, dental, and vision health benefits, basic life and AD&D, flexible PTO, paid holiday, and 401k retirement plan with company match.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary range: $21.00-22.00