This position is expected to report daily to the company’s headquarters in Rancho Dominguez, CA.
The General Manager of Operations will plan, direct, coordinate, and oversee operations activities in the organization, ensuring development and implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective systems to meet current and future needs of the organization. Its role is important to lead the promotion of the company’s brand with integrity and superior knowledge of the business operation. The position will coach and guide the department administration and field operation teams to ensure AFC’s values and missions are carried out and fulfilled.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Oversees the activities of Business Operations Team, Franchise Recruitment Team, and as well as the Travel Team
- Directs and leads the Field Operation Department which includes Division Managers, Regional Managers, Assistant Regional Managers, and Field Supervisors
- Ensures the protection of AFC’s brand by all division members in stringent compliance with the company’s system standard.
- Analyzes sales and profitability reports to determine steps and ways to improve operation handling
- Establishes, implements, and communicates the strategic direction of the organization’s operations division.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systems.
- Collaborates with other divisions and departments to carry out the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources and materials.
- Ensures that departmental decisions and project plans such as those for staffing, development, organization, material efficiency, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with the organization’s business plan and vision.
- Establishes, communicates, and implements operations-related policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution.
- Reviews and approves cost-control reports, cost estimates, and staffing requirements for projects.
- Establishes and administers the department’s budget.
- Presents periodic performance reports and metrics to the chief executive officer / president and other leadership.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in operations management.
- Identifies training needs and ensures proper training is developed and provided.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains management-level staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Travel up to 25% as necessary for the operations
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other related field. MBA preferred.
- At least 10 years of industry-related experience including three years in upper management required.
- Multiple locations management experience in restaurant and/or grocery stores preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in the industry.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Employee Offered Benefits
AFCFC’s benefit package includes group medical, dental, and vision health benefits; basic life and AD&D, flexible PTO, paid holiday, and 401k retirement plan with company match provision