The Human Resources Coordinator will be responsible with coordinating several key HR tasks and processes within the department. Main duties will include employee benefits enrollment, employee onboarding, running background checks, handling new hire data entries on ADP and processing status changes, employee training assignments, handling employment verifications and employee address changes, and other HR administrative support tasks such as employee file maintenance and mail distribution.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Administers health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes, and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Assists with Open Enrollment and handling employee changes.
- Responsible for Temporary Sushi Chef Administration which includes status changes update and new hire onboarding/entries.
- Administers employee trainings (e.g., Harassment Training, etc.).
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation, and maintains I-9 files.
- Handles new-employee background checks and conducts new employee orientations.
- Prepares for employee onboarding such as creating name tags, sending new hire packets to field employees, etc.
- Processes check requests for vendors as assigned.
- Handles employment verifications and other employee changes (e.g., address change).
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans, and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Files documents into appropriate employee files.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested.
- Assists with other HR special projects.
- Assists with distributing HR mail within the department.
- Assists with reception desk support as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field and/or equivalent experience
- At least two years of HR related experience required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- ADP Workforce Now experience highly preferred
- Working understanding of human resources principles, practices, and procedures
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Salary: $23.00 – $27.00 per hour