The Human Resources Coordinator will aid with and facilitate the human resources processes. This role administers employee health and welfare plans and acts as liaison between employees and insurance providers. This position resolves benefits-related problems and ensures effective use of plans and positive employee relations. The Human Resource Coordinator makes that certain plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and that plan provisions are followed. The role is responsible for handling Temporary Sushi Chef administration which includes onboarding and record keeping. The position will handle employee training administration. Additionally, this role provides administrative support to the human resources function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Administers health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes, and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Assists with Open Enrollment and handling employee changes.
- Responsible for Temporary Sushi Chef Administration which includes status changes update and new hire onboarding/entries.
- Administers employee trainings (e.g., Harassment Training, etc.).
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation, and maintains I-9 files.
- Handles new-employee background checks and new employee orientations.
- Records company property issuance and filing necessary documents.
- Assists with recruitment and interview process (e.g., offer of employment). Tracks status of candidates in HRIS and responds with follow-up letters at the end of the recruiting process.
- Processes check requests for vendors as assigned.
- Handles employment verifications and other employee changes (e.g., address change).
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans, and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Files documents into appropriate employee files.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested.
- Assists with other HR projects.
- Prepares new-employee files.
- Processes mail.
- Assists with reception desk support as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field and/or equivalent experience
- At least two years of HR related experience required
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress
- Must be detail oriented
- Strong organization skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking and sound judgement required
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Able to work in the office
- Experience with ADP Workforce