The Account Sales Manager (Education/Workplace) will be responsible for securing and developing business through pro-active direct sales, marketing, telemarketing, professional Networking, appointment calls and tours of the AFC Operations primarily in College/University, Workplace and Prestige Venue Business Segments. This position will also develop strategic action plans for existing accounts to drive measurable, incremental sales revenue. The Account Sales Manager (Education/Workplace) will also identify areas of opportunity in field execution/performance and recommend actions to optimize company sales and revenue. Additionally, they will work closely with individual field / office teams to execute company strategies and standards.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Responsible for Acquiring New Accounts and new locations within existing accounts.
- Manage all aspects of the new customer sales process (identify, pursue, price, profitability and close)
- Work closely with General Manager of Sales and Marketing as needed on existing and new accounts.
- Utilize a consultative selling approach to build effective proposals, converting features to benefits based on customer needs, company offerings and capabilities, consumer insights and the customer’s decision criteria.
- Implement all sales action plans related to market areas as outlined in the marketing plan. Execute New Product Development plan. Close voids.
- Identify new markets and business opportunities to increase Company Revenue.
- Wire vertically and horizontally with key decision makers within all accounts.
- Provide quick, timely and actionable responses to the customer when issues arise and develop professional long-term customer business relationships.
- Execute and support all operational aspects of company business. Work closely and collaboratively with all cross functional teams.
- Attending all department meetings and functions, as necessary.
- Closely following up on all business leads within a 24-hour response timeline to clients.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related field
- Must have minimum 5 years of experience of Business-to-Business sales in the Food Service business segments with emphasis in College/University, Workplace and Prestige venues.
- Must have minimum 5 years of experience of Business-to-Business sales with National Food Service Contract Feeders such as Foodbuy/Compass, Sodexo and Aramark.
- Proven success in closing new business in a similar role and environment.
- Ability to penetrate new accounts, get to decision maker and close.
- Solid internal and external customer service ability.
- Be comfortable working in a Multi-cultural organization.
- Exemplary professional presentation skills are required.
- Possess strong attention to detail, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Excellent sales negotiations skill.
- Thorough understanding of company’s products and/or services, and those of immediate competitors in the surrounding market.
- Up to 50% travel required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Employee Offered Benefits
AFCFC’s benefit package includes group medical, dental, and vision health benefits; basic life and AD&D, flexible PTO, paid holiday, and 401k retirement plan with company match provision